Issue 11, 12 August, 2005
The Law on Making Changes and Amendments to the Georgian Civil Codedated 30 June 2005 distinguishes two forms of security interest: (a) possessed security interests, when based on the relevant agreement of the parties secured property is transferred in the possession of the secured creditor (pledgor) and (b) registered security interest created on the basis of the notarized agreement and further registered in the Public Register.
Issue 10, 24 June, 2005
Amendments to the Law of Georgia on Courts of General Jurisdiction
Amendments to the Law of Georgia on Courts of General Jurisdiction dated 20 April 2005, has newly determined the following tiers of the courts of general jurisdiction of Georgia: regional (city) courts, district courts, supreme courts of autonomous republics and the Supreme Court of Georgia.
21 October, 2002
It is beyond any doubt, that a range of novelties have been introduced and being approbated in the developed economic systems over the last decades which, if introduced in our systems, would greatly contribute to a rapid development of Georgian economy.
December, 2000. Victor Kipiani, Partner at MKD
It is beyond any doubt that contemporary Caucasian states are becoming of increasing importance for the global economy due to potentially substantial energy resources of Caspian area. Needless to say, that Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan and Transcaspian Natural Gas projects occupy daily worldwide news, thus emphasizing special significance for studying relevant legislation of Azerbaijan, as the main oil supplier to the world market, and Georgia, as the main transit country and key pillar for successful implementation of the above politically and financially important projects.
November 5, 2016
Global Renewable Energy Guide 2016, Published by Cakmak Publishing, Chapter by Irakli Mgaloblishvili and David Archvadze, lawyers at MKD.
1.What are the nature and importance of renewable energy in your country?
Mgaloblishvili, Kipiani, Dzidziguri (MKD) contributes to Global Public-Private Partnership Guide 2016
September 2, 2016 Global Public-Private Partnership Guide 2016, Published by Cakmak Publishing, Chapter by Irakli Mgaloblishvili and Sandro Samadbegishvili, lawyers at MKD.
1. Is the PPP model commonly used to develop infrastructure projects in your jurisdiction? If yes, what types of PPP models (such as Build-perate, Build–Operate–Transfer, Transfer of Operation Rights, Build–Lease–Operate–Transfer, etc.) are used?
- Is Limited Liability Always "Limited"?
- Mgaloblishvili, Kipiani, Dzidziguri (MKD) contributes to Global Renewable Energy Guide 2015
- Recent positive developments of the arbitration regime in Georgia
- Ad Valorem Tax on Tobacco Products: Two Sides of the Same Coin
- Cloud Computing in Georgia Regulatory Framework
- Simplified Immigration procedures: What Foreigners and Businesspeople should know