November 5, 2016
Global Renewable Energy Guide 2016, Published by Cakmak Publishing, Chapter by Irakli Mgaloblishvili and David Archvadze, lawyers at MKD.
1.What are the nature and importance of renewable energy in your country?
Mgaloblishvili, Kipiani, Dzidziguri (MKD) contributes to Global Public-Private Partnership Guide 2016
September 2, 2016 Global Public-Private Partnership Guide 2016, Published by Cakmak Publishing, Chapter by Irakli Mgaloblishvili and Sandro Samadbegishvili, lawyers at MKD.
1. Is the PPP model commonly used to develop infrastructure projects in your jurisdiction? If yes, what types of PPP models (such as Build-perate, Build–Operate–Transfer, Transfer of Operation Rights, Build–Lease–Operate–Transfer, etc.) are used?
December 24, 2015 Magazine Georgian Journal, 24-30 December 2015 № 51(414). Article by Tamara Tkeshelashvili and Mariam Antia, lawyers at MKD.
The Supreme Court of Georgia issued a landmark decision in 2015 (case #as-l307-1245- 2014, case Ms-1158-1104-2014) defining the scope of the personal liability of the shareholders and the directors of a company. The decision is important since it discusses the doctrine of piercing the corporate veil and interprets one of the core fiduciary duties - the duty of care.
1. What is the nature and importance of renewable energy in your country?
The main nature and importance of renewable energy in Georgia is that, first of all, the Unified Energy System of the country's renewable energy resources will be more solid and sustainable and it will strengthen the country's energy independence and electricity imports will continue to be reduced. Secondly, renewable energy is environmentally clean electricity production and the thirdly, alongside with technological developments, the costs for wind and solar power stations are constantly being reduced, which makes the electricity produced by such stations even more competitive on the market.
To view the Georgian chapter, please click here
Mgaloblishvili, partner and Sandro Samadbegishvili, lawyer at Mgaloblishvili Kipiani Dzidziguri (MKD)
Overview of Georgia as an arbitration-friendly country
July 2, 2015 Magazine Georgian Journal, 2-8 Luly 2015 № 26(389). Article by David Archvadze, lawyer at MKD
According to the decision made by the government of Georgia, beginning on 1 July 2015 a new type of tax will be introduced for tobacco products: the so called ad valorem tax. The new tax is proportional to the fixed value of the goods. In the case of tobacco products, the tax amounts to 5% of the sales price of each box of cigarettes.
- Cloud Computing in Georgia Regulatory Framework
- Simplified Immigration procedures: What Foreigners and Businesspeople should know
- Reporting to the Personal Data Protection Inspector: How and What to Submit
- Georgia ranked 11th in the TRACE Matrix business bribery index
- Control of economic concentration in the CIS and Georgia
- The Franchise Law Review, one of the chapters co-authored by Mikheil Gogeshvili of Mgaloblishvili Kipiani Dzidziguri (MKD), was published